nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fruit Seed Request

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fruit Seed Request
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 07:54:51 -0800 (PST)

I'm answering this without first looking up the legal
info, but as a former "seeds person" I believe a seed
seller is required to supply you with the info you
requested. If this is in the Federal Seed Act, it
would be a nationwide rule. If it isn't, you'd have
to check with the state seed law.

There's also the issue of how strictly are seed laws
enforced. The entire annual budget of the section of
the USDA which covers seed laws is smaller than the
big corporate buy-outs such as that illustrated in
DH's original Monsanto-Seminis posting.