nafex - [NAFEX] Fruit Seed Request

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fruit Seed Request
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:40:25 -0600

My farm only grows and sells fruit, and, though the debate continues,
some say bell peppers are vegetables. I say they are 'fruit.'
Anyway, I have been selling "Jingle Bell Peppers" for years with sales
therefrom being an integral part of my livelihood. Jingle Bells are 1/3 the
size of ordinary bells, are very prolific and seem to ripen almost as fast
as they put on. Here in North-Central Minnesota, other bell pepper plants
produce a single fruit that takes most of the growing season to ripen.
Unfortunately for me, I am now experiencing difficulty in finding/buying
the (hybrid) seed. One by one, the seed retailers who used to sell the seed
stop selling it. So far, they all refused to tell me who had been supplying
them. One such company did inform me that the seed is being marketed to
European customers.
I have enough seed on hand for planting this year and next. Does anyone
know who produces the seed or who will be selling it.
Thanks,
Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN