nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Preventing Plant Shock

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Preventing Plant Shock
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:23:06 -0500

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:04:00 -0600, you wrote:

> Ginda Fisher said: "When it got cold, I brought it in. Then it
>dropped all its leaves and started to grow new leaves and branches."
> Here in Minnesota, and perhaps a few other states, nursery people don't
>seem to know what vitamin B-1 might be used for in the plant world. When I
>lived in California, it could be found on most any reputable nurseryman's
>shelf. Vitamin B-1 is used to prevent/treat plant shock. I, personally,
>have had about an eighty percent success rate with it and highly recommend
>it to anyone who transplants or moves plants. For those who can't find
>Vitamin B-1, I have used a product called 'Superthrive" with equal success.
>I've seen Superthrive listed in Mellingers' and other catalogs.

Could you just grind up a (human-intended) Vitamin B1 tablet
(or a multi-vitamin table containing it), and use that (in
water)?

I had never heard of this before. Thanks for mentioning it.

I will look for Superthrive though. BTW, very sad news:
Mellingers is closing, after 77 years in business.

See: http://tinyurl.com/5qv3w

They have some good going-out-of-business sales.

Pat
--
NOW OPEN! ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful