nafex - [NAFEX] bamboo for shoots

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] bamboo for shoots
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:17:07 -0800

Bamboo shoots aren't a fruit, but no one is talking about anything
today...so... here are some topics:

Topic #1. I have been reading about growing bamboo, but so far I haven't
met anyone that harvests shoots and eats them from their garden. Let's hear
from somebody that does. What kind of bamboo is especially tasty and
productive.

Topic #2. I know that bamboo can be invasive, but I also have read that
they are easy to control. If you grow bamboo for shoots, how do you keep it
from growning where you don't want it to?

-Mark Lee, Seattle z7b/8a