nafex - Re: [NAFEX] replanting apple trees

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] replanting apple trees
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 00:22:01 +0000

- I contend that pruning is secondary to fruiting as
strategy to control tree volume, and that pruning as enthusiastically as
promoted by the afor mentioned article is likely to result in 'unhappy'
trees, predisposing the trees to fireblight and winter injury - DOUD

David, most of my 4--5 year orchard is on seedling stock. The trees on steep hillsides especially are a concern to me to keep them small and low to the ground. Could you elaborate on "fruiting stratagy to control tree volume" Thanks, Del z2/3