nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Adequate nitrogen for our fruit plants

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Adequate nitrogen for our fruit plants
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 22:32:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Lon J. Rombough wrote:

> Interesting. Here, the white clover is usually able to stay green and do
> fine when the grass goes brown in the summer. Perhaps it's a regional
> variety. I know that there is an "ecologly lawn mix" sold by Nichols Garden

Hi Lon,

I have the same experience. During our drought only the parts of the lawn
without white clover burnt out. I do not know what the clover is doing to
protect the lawn from burn out, but I am liking it.

So far I am getting good spread on the white clover, and see no signs of
it giving up. The white clover seems to tolerate my lawn grass growing
with it, but it chokes out all other broadleafs.

Cheaper than chemicals to weed and feed, plus I get drought protection.
Good deal.

I ought to package this variety of white clover. My good old Italian
grandfather told me to always put white clover in any lawn. It was
good advice.

Later,
Tom