nafex - Re: [nafex] FW: [Organic-l] Apple Tree Suggestions

  • From: "JERROLD KOERNER" <j.f.koerner@worldnet.att.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] FW: [Organic-l] Apple Tree Suggestions
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 17:21:36 -0900

We have all of these except Pixie on trial here in Ketchikan, Alaska. The
only one we have ripened yet is Greensleeves and it does very well in our
short season maritime climate. It is about as close as you are going to get
to a Granny Smith in an early ripening apple. Jerry Appleseed.

----------
>From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
>To: NAFEX List <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: [nafex] FW: [Organic-l] Apple Tree Suggestions
>Date: Sat, Mar 31, 2001, 6:25 AM
>

> This is a cross posting from an organic gardening list in the UK. I was
> just wondering if anyone in the U.S. has experience with the varieties and
> could comment on these.
> -Lon Rombough
> ----------
> We have many apple varieties and our favourites are:
>
> St Edmund Russett
> Pixie
> Elstar
> Greensleeves
> Katy
>
> Elstar is our newest purchase and it is utterly delicious. Katy is 100%
> reliable. St Edmund the best of the russetts
> in our opinion, Pixie a good keeper and Greensleeves tart and juicy.
> I don't know if any of them are local to you, however.
>
> Julia
> in N.Cheshire

We give away $70,000 a month! Come to iWin.com for
your chance to win!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/olMXHC/BJVCAA/4ihDAA/VTJVlB/TM