nafex - [nafex] To Ed

  • From: Fluffy Bunny <the.fluffy.bunny@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] To Ed
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 22:45:19 -0500

Ed ("livin and lovin" it in southern Indiana)wrote:

However, like most small nurseries, they always price their products
(mainly trees) way too low and in time go out of business (like Bear
Creek and many others in recent years).
My advice is to appreciate their willingness to help you and don't bitch
when they finally raise their prices enough to make a living.

and...

The only criticism I have of it is simply the very low pricing. In order
for John to continue his fine work, Fedco's prices MUST go up, and John
must
accept the fact that an increase in price will eliminate a few customers.
And
that is okay-fine, as those who are plagued with a radical distortion of
value
(of a farmer) can go elsewhere (you can guess where they go, can't you?).

My reply:

Ok Ed, inquiring minds want to know.

What is the correct price for a tree? And while we are on it, define
making a living.

This has the potential to develop into an interesting discourse and get
all "the cards"' on the table.

Your fluffy friend,

the rabbit