nafex - Re: [nafex] Apple Recommendations

  • From: Ed & Pat Fackler <rocmdw@aye.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Apple Recommendations
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:13:51 -0400

Rich (and all):

After some thought (and prodding!) there are possibly 6-8 others which
can be
great, including the Delbard Estivale which you mentioned. However, in
doing the
initial list, I simply forget this particular one.
Sorry.

Ed

"Richard J. Ossolinski" wrote:

> Ed (F),
> There seems to be plenty of agreement here as to the desirability of
> Honeycrisp, the only common negative being its lack of intensity of flavor.
> I keep
> wondering why you haven't mentioned Delbard, as it was for its similarly
> explosive
> texture but more intense (than Honeycrisp) flavor that I was so anxious to
> try it.
> Bottom line: do you think it's as good as (or better than) Honeycrisp?
> Thanks.
> Richard
>
> "An even newer one from France possesses this ['explosive'] character. It
> is an
> earlier maturing apple---perhaps
> with or just before Gala. It is known as Delbard Estivale--also
> possesses much higher flavor than Honeycrisp."

Get a FREE long-distance phone call on Tellme!
Dial 1-800-555-TELL, say "Phone Booth"
http://click.egroups.com/1/9532/15/_/423498/_/970215268/