nafex - Re: [nafex] Apple Recommendations

  • From: Annette Kruzic and Robert Sweet <ubileen@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Apple Recommendations
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:03:08 -0700

The best tasting apples that grow in your area? Worldwide? So many apples to
choose from! And taste is so subjective.
If I had to pick only one apple to live with it would be Jonagold. It does so
much so well. But I would much rather have other apples to complement such as
Hudson's Golden Gem, Belle de Boskoop, Freyburg, (which, incidentally, is
described here by having a licorice taste. I don't like licorice, but I love
the
apple) Gravenstein, King, Akane, Melrose, oh, there are more, so many more!
Good luck,
Annette

Doreen Howard wrote:

> I may be writing a small book on the best tasting apples. I'll have to
> limit the selection to about 30 varieties. All you apple experts and
> growers out there, how about your recommendations for the best tasting
> apple?
>
> I've already started to photograph some apples--Black Gilliflower (which
> tasted great), Cox's Orange Pippin, Wolf River (a bit too tart for my taste,
> but good flavor) and Prairie Spy. I will include Esopus Spitzenberg (my
> absolute favorite), Hudson's Golden Gem and Pitsmaston Pineapple. All three
> are winners in my opinion. Let's hear yours.
> Doreen Howard
> Zone 4-b--Wisconsin

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no annual fee!
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9332/15/_/423498/_/970160318/