msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Trailer one brake locking up

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "IRVIN LICHTENSTEIN" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: <rick@westcoastframe.com>, "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Trailer one brake locking up
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 11:20:37 -0500

My rig is a 12000 pound rated International, registered for 10000, tandem
axle, stock bumper pull. Steel frame, Fiberglass roof, plywood lined. Lots
of years, low mileage. Had new brakes when I bought it
because PA requires seller to do so. Haven't gone through a set of linings
yet, or wheel bearings due to annual state inspection and maintenance.
I have seen brand new rigs picked up at a dealer and burn all 3 axles worth
of bearings up on the empty trip home because they never packed the wheel
bearings, and the state it was sold in didn't require inspection.

I will have to check with my inspector about replacing the entire plate and
then adjusting it versus relining. Mine are bigger than most, 16 inch
wheels and parts from a pick up seem to fit.
Irv