msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Boots / Are borium snow studs harder on tendons/joints?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Lila Corey" <Caballera@embarqmail.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Boots / Are borium snow studs harder on tendons/joints?
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 23:00:21 -0500

Thanks for all the info and opinions on boots for MSAR. I am fairly new to this. Luckily, I do have most of the boots recommended. So, I wasn't too far off. Just my personal preference is my tall Dublin boot, which has a rubber sole with tred- they are extremely comfortable and warmer than my Ariats. We don't have a lot of extreme hills here in my area of NC. I do not wear my Western type boots unless I am dancing...heheh.
And luckily we are never very far from medical help in this area either. (of course the down side of that is we have lots of people here).......

Lila
----- Original Message ----- From: "Una Smith" <una.smith@att.net>