msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Mock Search Seniaros

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: John Neff <neffj@msn.com>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Mock Search Seniaros
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 08:10:08 -0800

This is clue awareness.  Can be very valuable.  There are more clues on searches than subjects.  You can run this many ways, from your loop trail as an individual, to teams or as an out and back with a debrief on the out leg or not.  When I was training officer for PMSAR I found that it was very helpful for all level of searchers, from the first timer to the old hand by keeping everyone focused.  Can also use communication so base camp can plot and practice radio etc.  Also can be used as scent training.  Another plus is that it can be set up in advance.  Have fun with it!!

John and Faye ~___/>
                      ^ ^