msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Mock Search Seniaros

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "T'mi Fi" <tfinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Mock Search Seniaros
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:40:02 -0500

Our MSAR team conducts at least one Mock Search a year and tries to have two per year.  Our ideas come from searches that are reported on the local news.  We use HSEEP guidelines to identify exercise objectives, which gives us a host combinations that provides something new.

The Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) is a capabilities and performance-based exercise program that provides a standardized policy, methodology, and language for designing, developing, conducting, and evaluating all exercises.

In addition to providing a standardized exercise policy, HSEEP also facilitates the creation of self-sustaining, capabilities-based exercise programs by providing tools and resources such as guidance, training, technology, and direct support. This blended approach to HSEEP implementation promotes exercise expertise, while advancing a standardized means of assessing and improving preparedness across the Nation.

For more information on HSEEP, see the website at: http://hseep.dhs.gov

T'mi
TROTSAR Mounted Team
www.trotsar.org

Brenda Durham c/o MSAR wrote:
Forwarded with the sender's permission.  -Una

BRENDADURHAM5@aol.com wrote:

Hello,
I have been the  Coordinator of our Search Team since 1994.  Each year we
have at least one  Mock Search.
I am finding it  hard to be imaginative, I wondered if other team members who
have been on the  trainers end of Mock Search or Drills would like to share
seniaros?
Thank  you
Brenda  Durham
East Fork State  Park Volunteer Mounted Search & Rescue

you can e mail be  at _brendadurham5@aol.com_ (mailto:brendadurham5@aol.com)
or call me at  513-646-0061
we are in S/W  Ohio

Mounted Search and Rescue