msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING - What would you do if you werelost! And what would you do if you were an MSAR!

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Deb Cranford <estrail1rider@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING - What would you do if you werelost! And what would you do if you were an MSAR!
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:08:28 -0700 (PDT)

I have recently started thinking, too. I have a couple of horses. My best is an Arab but he will nip which I think would automatically disqualify him. I have purchased two books about Mounted Search and Rescue that are recommended. I have also gone to the FEMA site and taken some of the online courses they offer on search and rescue and incident command. I think that so far has given me a great deal of help.
just some ideas.
deb