msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING - What would you do if you werelost! And what would you do if you were an MSAR!

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Felicia Browell" <felicia.browell@gmail.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING - What would you do if you werelost! And what would you do if you were an MSAR!
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:29:40 -0400

Rick, Karen,

This is a good start to a potentially great thread ...

Some ideas and parameters ...
  • Lost person is not in a city ... let's take current weather pattern -- but where?  Where's a likely place?  Eastern Tennessee or western KY?  Central PA?
  • Woodsy, big fields, big hills?
  • Early morning alert or evening?
  • Lost person (wandered away, older, dementia)?  Airplane down?
Lots of possibilities -- I have no experience with MSAR.  Like Rick, I joined to learn ...
How about we pick two scenarios and tackle them separately ... one typical, one unlikely (might help expose possible questions and learning opportunities)...

Felicia