msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Trucks?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: bchorserider@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Trucks?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 14:52:32 -0400

Hi all
 I have an 03 Chevy silverodo 1500 and I haul with a 79 2 horse strait load made by Hart. I dont have many problems with my trailer but if i hook up to something newer or larger I have problems, Hitch drag, very low clearance in the back of the truck/front of the trailer. I got lucky when I purchased my truck because I told the dealer that if he wanted to sell me the truck I would half to take it on a test drive "loaded" and he a greed. So i brought my trailer and whent to the co-op for feed and other heavy stuff "IE" fencing posts. and then drove to the evergreen state fair grounds parking lot and proceeded to "play" as the dealer put it. and when i was done i went to the scales with and with out the trailer and discovered i had some room for extra stuff. the trailer had the more weight in it than when i haul it. but not much. now I wish i had a 3/4 ton or larger. dont get me wrong it a great truck but not the best.
Matthew Aldrich
NWHSAR
 Sorry for any missspellings Im at the end of my lunch.

PS as to the Little trailer Its a matter of will it do what you want. I love mine because it small and fallows the truck like a dream. But it looks like a little cargo trailer from the back.