msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Trucks?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: bonnie elster <elster530@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Trucks?
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:12:00 -0700 (PDT)

  It would be interesting to research the argument the saleman presented.  The type of trailer and horses would add to the equasion. How 'bout the brakes and the engine?
I've always bought 3/4 ton and never had any reason to regret it.

Has anyone had any experience w/these little fiberglass, walk thru trailers I saw at Western Horse Expo?

Jorene Downs <Jorene@CEOates.com> wrote:
Chris, a newer 1/2 ton can get away with towing a 2 horse out on the flats,
or as a back-up / emergency tow vehicle for a 3 horse trailer, but for
anything else I'd go 3/4 ton. You have more mountainous terrain. I wouldn't
haul regularly with less than a 3/4 ton.

~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
SAR & CERT
Mounted SAR