msar-riders - [MSAR] ASCT (K-9) MSAR Clinic

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "T'mi Fi" <tfinkle@erols.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] ASCT (K-9) MSAR Clinic
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 18:57:08 -0400

Does anyone have any knowledge about the "American society of K9 trainers" and their new MSAR Clinic?  After speaking with the ASCT owners, I was advised that provide certified MSAR training in all 50 states through ASCT standards.  Currently they are having a member of a mid-west sheriff's posse (refused to cite name of instructor) to teach the SAR and MSAR sections of the course and a local Parelli instructor to teach the riding sections.  I was then told to contact the ASCT attorney/Liability Representative if I wanted anymore information.

I contacted the Virginia Department of Emergency Management (VDEM) and VASARCO, neither entity has any knowledge of this organization and they are not registered as a SAR or MSAR resource.  Since there are already two credential MSAR teams with VDEM MOU's, it seems like ASCT is trying to make a fast buck from good hearted volunteers, but I could be wrong.  Below is a copy of their email advertising the MSAR clinic.

Thanks,

Tomi`
TROTSAR Mounted Team

---------------------------------------

Come join our mounted search and rescue team.  First in Virginia!

American society of K9 trainers is offering a mounted search and rescue clinic starting in June.  This is will be a certified course in MSAR.

You will learn life saving techniques and how to work as a team in finding lost persons.  You will also learn how to help your horse become braver and partner with you while searching.

 If you are interested but feel your horse may not be ready you can still attend the class and test at a later date.

Details:  the class will be taken place on the following dates:

June 16,17,30

July 1,7,8

These dates are for the entire clinic.

Price $400 for all 6 days.

The class will run 8 hours each day.

The clinic will take place in a class room and in local parks.  For more information and to sign up please contact ASCT directly at:

540 937-3871  Ask for Chris Aycock

www.asctk9.com <http://www.asctk9.com/

Hurry we only have 4 slots left!