msar-riders - [MSAR] Informative Link

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: RANCH MANAGER <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Informative Link
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:27:29 -0700 (PDT)

Informative Link - UHC

http://www.unwantedhorsecoalition.org/

A short while back there was some discusion about this on this site.  Perhaps it will help others deal with UNWANTED HORSES and since now there is a ban on slaughter.

I know a lot of us hate to see slaughter houses, but has anyone looked into what regulations there are to bury their horses.  Rendering services are getting fewer and far between and to bury (or even cremate) your mount, it also takes a special backyard, the equipment to do it and there are rules to follow.

Perhaps one of the first things we need to do as responsible horse owners is to consider the inevitable BEFORE we even acquire an equine companion.

K. Nesbitt
VMSAR - Iroquois County
Illinois

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time