msar-riders - [MSAR] Organizing a new msar unit

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: D Statler <dorene1001@yahoo.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Organizing a new msar unit
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:36:22 -0700 (PDT)

We are a fairly new MSAR group. I have some questions that I'm hoping will
get some answers to guide us in organizing our group.

What type of training do you feel is most important for YOUR group?

For MSAR units that work closely with your county sheriff, how do they
utilize your group most often?

Do you use any special software to keep track of members / horses /
training?

I would also like to get started on SOP and SOG's. Is there a web resource
that will get me started?

Thanks in advanced for any help and suggestions.