msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Riding helmet / Western Hardhat QuestionsNot forHorsebackRiding

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "LAURI STRUVE" <lstruve@msn.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Riding helmet / Western Hardhat QuestionsNot forHorsebackRiding
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:57:39 -0500

Sue, I believe they discontinued the riding helmets styled that way as they
did not meet ASTM standards, that said, there are construction hardhats still
on the market shaped like cowboy hats. I think we discussed this last year,
too, here. Cashel makes a sunvisor for helmets that I've heard works well.
I've also heard of people fitting cowboy hats over their helmets...

Lauri