msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Mules

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Patty Montoya" <riverrider@bak.rr.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Mules
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:02:12 -0800

Last weekend I met some people who were packing little horses (13-14 hands) that were half Percheron and half "halflinger". They were both paints and "narrow" horses. They claimed they had great minds and were very good packers. I am somewhat interested. Anyone have any opinion on this cross?
Also, our unit requires that we pack hobbles, but I always highline or electric fence my horses. So, I went out and bought hobbles with no intent to use them. I don't really want to get into a discussion of the pros or cons of the hobbles themselves, I'm more interested in opinions of the unit REQUIRING that I use them. Should the individual make this decision, or are we obligated to follow this rule just as we are obligated to follow other MSAR rules and regulations?
Patty/California
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pennbo" <pennbo@bbv.net>