msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Mounted training

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Lois Guyon <laguyon2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Mounted training
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 05:27:06 -0800 (PST)

The mounted trainin in KY charged $275 without meals and lodging. The KY
Horse Park Police hosted a cookout one evening, and the company provided soft
drinks and snacks during the day.

As far as the certification goes, the course content was standard but they
accknowledged no specific standard.

You are correct, Una, in saying that police training is a larger market for
the for-profit companies. Certainly there is a great deal of good
information to be had for free both though groups like this and from friendly
neighbors who are willing to share.

Lois Guyon
Member
LaSalle County Sheriff's Mounted SAR Posse
Ottawa, IL