msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Public Relations

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Terry Nowacki" <wwfarm@wiktel.com>
  • To: <eztech@pdq.net>, "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Public Relations
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:16:45 -0700

MSAR Public Relations

Jeff says-
> I'm thinking kids now days play too many video games and are not watching
> enough westerns. What kid in your youth wouldn't be attracted to a horse
> like a magnet? Something new to learn on every search, right? I guess
> today's kids "dream" more about riding an ATV than a horse.

You are right Jeff, we now have a new generation of Kids to deal with that
have never even heard of Roy Rogers,
The Lone Ranger, etc. (Ahh the good old days)

The following are examples how MSAR can help all kids feel more comfortable
around horses and improve
public relations as well.

Boy Scouts - I use my families riding horses to help Boy Scouts earn their
horsemanship badges. (I understand
Girl Scouts also have similar program)
Schools and Nursing Homes -Radar, my mini scent detection demonstration
horse in well known in our county
by most school children. I use him to promote MSAR in schools and he makes
him self right at home in nursing
homes, etc.
Parades -During Parades our Sheriffs Mounted Posse will let children pet our
horses under controlled conditions.

These are ideas that work for us and the public LOVES it.

TER
http://equinedetectionservices.com/