msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] catching up

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] catching up
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:32:11 -0700

Kevin Stokes wrote:
> Earlier this year, that same canine guy was on a search that involved
>mounted searchers. He told me he was disappointed he didn't find any
>mounteds he knew. He said it would have made it easier on him.
>Kevin Stokes
>Washington Co Sheriff's Mounted Patrol (MN)

It is a huge advantage to know your fellow SAR volunteers. Kevin,
does Minnesota have a statewide SAR mailing list? The New Mexico
list is an important resource for all SAR volunteers in New Mexico
and SAR teams in adjacent states that are on New Mexico's list of
recognized teams. It is not used for mission callouts, but it is
*the* venue to announce training opportunities including training
missions.

Kevin, if MN has no such list, I would be happy to help anyone in
the MN SAR community get one going via lists.ibiblio.org. Namely,
by forwarding a request to the ibiblio.org folks (I would have no
responsibility nor authority, beyond making an introduction.) My
offer stands also for SAR in any other state.