msar-riders - [MSAR] reply to Jorene

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Kevin Stokes" <klstokes@qwest.net>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] reply to Jorene
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:05:32 -0800

Hi Jorene,
I don't have first hand knowledge of the search I mentioned. My information comes from three persons who were there and are also involved with this "fledgling" state wide organization.
I is my understanding this was under the jurisdiction of local police. They weren't aware of the resources available. One of the aforementioned guys is an ambulance driver/paramedic who is stationed at that location. He was able to get search resources involved. Unfortunately there were problems with how things were run. The subject was found, but not as soon as he could have been. The interest a cadaver dog shown in a area was ignored by the authorities, and the subject bobbed to the surface there a couple days later.
I didn't know about the workshop. Its just as well. I couldn't make it and it would have bugged me knowing about it;)
Kevin Stokes
Washington Co Sheriff's Mounted Patrol (MN)