msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Night lights

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Night lights
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:52:01 -0800

I should clarify that the visual of the Rayovac appears larger and heavier than what I currently have on my helmet, so that is my "comparison" ... ;)

Mine is a Princeton-Tec Aurora - LED, waterproof, only 3 AAA batteries, only 2.7 ounces. The actual dimensions of the entire lamp is about 1.5" high x 3" wide (barely taller than the headband) but it is a single light with options, without the red lamp option yours has. I went for the high intensity low profile headlamp because I also wear that helmet for US&R confined space rescue where I want to reduce potential for snagging, and waterproof because I switch that light over to my Swiftwater Rescue helmet. For a visual comparison, I found a decent sized photo of mine on http://www.fishingminnesota.com/princeton-tec-aurora.html

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA
SAR, MSAR, Swiftwater Rescue, US&R,