msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] NASAR MSAR group?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] NASAR MSAR group?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:04:15 -0800

From: "Vieths" <hamlweld@madisontelco.com>
> Are many of us a part of this group? Should we be?
> I stumbled on this by accident while searching for NASAR training
> opportunities in the midwest.
> Sue
<snip>

What you found is an online discussion group being used as an Opinion Poll
for the volunteer committee developing MSAR standards for NASAR. (National
Association for Search And Rescue)
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/NASAR-MSAR

There isn't regular activity because any questions for the MSAR public are a
result of ongoing discussion and progress within the committee. Recently it
has been quiet because I have been very buried with other responsibilities
and the Standards committee has been patiently waiting for me to surface
again. (I'm the Chair.) You can visit the web site to see what has
previously been a topic for an Opinion Poll in the VOTE section.

Please join and provide us with input in the VOTE section as questions are
posted, and spread the word to others in MSAR! Your combined input will help
guide us to develop better MSAR standards for NASAR. And if you see anything
there that you feel warrants additional discussion, Una has graciously
offered to have that discussion here on MSAR Riders. But we try not to get
too carried away with NASAR MSAR Standards-specific discussion here, because
the Standards committee (most are members here) would then get bogged down
here and have less time to move forward on the Standards in separate
discussion. ;)

I'm rolling from SAR to CERT to Foal Watch (Paint horse breeder)
responsibilities with 18-20 hour days right now. Hope I haven't missed
anything critical in my backlog!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA