msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: Riding clinic, New Mexico April *26-29*

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Lois Sprott c/o MSAR Maintainer <msar@ibiblio.org>
  • To: MSAR Riders <MSAR-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: Riding clinic, New Mexico April *26-29*
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:14:40 -0500

[The sender sent this before subscribing to MSAR-Riders. -Una]

Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:35:38 -0600
From: Lois Sprott, doodlebug at zianet dot com

Una,
I am on the WMSAR team in Ruidoso. Due to predominately night
searches in mountainous terrain I have not gotten to use my horse on a
search, but there are several of us in the area who would be interested
should the need arise. I am also the new training chair for our team.
How can I get more info. on the training preceeding ESCAPE and any
training at ESCAPE? Is the preceding 4 day training during the day or
in the evenings after work? What is the cost? Will the training at
ESCAPE involve bringing our horses or is it just a demonstration?
Also, since I live in the area I might be able to help locate
places to board horses. You might try contacting Breakaway Farms on Hwy
70 about 7 miles?? out of Ruidoso. The owner is Patty Reynolds
505-378-4180. Race trackers will be returning by then which may make it
a little more difficult. I could board one well behaved gelding if it
gets along with my gelding since they would be in the same pen. There
is a stud next door, so a mare would not be a wise idea. I also have a
guest room and fouton if anyone on a tight budget needs a free place to
stay. Let me know if I can help.
Lois