msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] atv mounted.

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "wwfarm" <wwfarm@wiktel.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] atv mounted.
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:54:06 -0800

Bonnie writes-> Stick to horses - those ATVs will get you hurt.

True - Most of our horses know not to trust there riders 100% which helps to
keep us out of trouble The ATVs aren't that smart. Plus it hard to talk to a
ATV.

Our Groups ATV use as it pertains to SAR;
We have a ATV leader that developed some very good search procedures that
work well in open country with little to no cover. (In our region we have a
lot of this type of terrain)

Other wise we use them for;
#1 Recon support for MSAR teams.( Which works great!)
#2 Perimeter search and observation.
#3 Relay messages when radios can not get thru.
#4 Gophers - Go for everything we need.

TER