msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR not yahoo

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: JULIE FRANCO <snowyridgeranch@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR not yahoo
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 17:22:31 -0700 (PDT)

Julie here. I read with interest and profound respect
for those of you who speak up for the realities of
mounted search and rescue. Attitude is everything and
along with that comes knwolege. We can all learn
something new each time we ride. We have a training
opportunity each time we ride. Those of us who are in
control of our horse are actually riders who have
spent enough time communicating in training. A bit is
something to give your horse a cue and expect a
response. Someone who is riding without a bit is
someone who is calling you on a disconnected phone. If
you are a "yahoo" passenger you have no business
showing up for a mission. There is a big difference
between being a passenger on a horse and someone who
rides.(communicates cues and requests with an expected
response). I have just started MSAR and look forward
to improving myself, my horse and becoming part of a
disciplined team. There are protocols in all this and
the challenge is always in refinement. Thanks for your
great conversation!