msar-riders - [MSAR] Ready packs

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Lt. Nick" <aecs_sar@yahoo.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: pennbo@bbv.net
  • Subject: [MSAR] Ready packs
  • Date: Wed Feb 12 17:26:00 2003

Chris,

If you keep your sar gear in stuff type sacks in the saddle bags and
then carry an EMPTY backpack, you could quickly transfer the needed stuff
sacks into the backpack in the event you need to walk.

This would keep the weight off the rider and prevent you having an
unweildly loaded backpack on your mount.

Joey
in New "Yawk" City

http://www.newyorksearchandrescue.org/