market-farming - [Market-farming] commercial kitchen advice?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] commercial kitchen advice?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 12:20:25 -0500

Hi --

Has anyone on this list ever started a commercial kitchen according to New York State (or similar) standards? If so, could you tell me what materials you used, and how much did it cost?

I'm looking at possibly dehydrating or canning excess produce, and can't sell such items legally here without a commercial kitchen. I would almost certainly have to put up a new building. Money is definitely a factor.

Thanks --