market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Digging fork suggestions?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Chrys Ostrander" <chrys AT thefutureisorganic.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Digging fork suggestions?
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 07:03:20 -0700

Hi Folks,

Two points:

1) WW Manufacturing (http://www.wwmfg.com) is an old-fashioned American company making high-quality, American-made tools. Maybe their website is clunky, so just call them at 1-800-452-5547 and ask to talk with Ingrid. They are downhome folks.

2) A very good, all-metal broadfork is made by Meadow Creature in Washington State:
http://meadowcreature.com/broadforks/
No wooden handles to break.

Chrys Ostrander, Director of Farming Programs
People for Environmental Action and Community Health
"Local Food for All"

Manager,
p.e.a.c.h. Community Farm at Pine Meadow

10425 S. Andrus Rd.
Cheney, Wa 99004
509-448-3066
farms AT peachlocal.com