market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Winter's coming -- Hoophouses

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Owsley lucy <boulderbelt AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: Farming Market <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Winter's coming -- Hoophouses
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 12:04:31 -0400

I am not Jay but here are several blog posts about the homemade, moveable hoophouses we have been using for the past 15 or so years

Right now we have beans, tomatoes, cukes, zucchini and sweet potatoes in hoophouses. Later on we will put them over leeks, greens (kale, arugula, lettuce, raab, etc..), carrots and other cold hardy crops.

Jay
Could you tell us more about your movable tunnels - construction and size, bottom supports and how you move them. Are they homemade? Mother Earth News had an interesting article on homemade hoop houses this month. Interested in more info.
Thanks
Michelle Hromyak
Romy Farms
SC