market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] The Sunday Times: Farmers' markets sell 'supermarket' foods

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "waldenfarm" <waldenfarm AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] The Sunday Times: Farmers' markets sell 'supermarket' foods
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 11:44:17 -0500

OK, Allison. You're right about policing ourselves. But there is going to be some "public" entity that will want to get in on the act. Maybe the move to define & REASONABLY regulate real farmers markets should be initiated by farmers and we should have a strong voice in how it's done. And as locally as possible. And we'll do that in all our spare time! :)

I guess all this "Local Produce" that's popping up in the supermarkets is a testament to how well we've gotten the word out- just like we built the organic market to see it taken over. But we've left the definitions in the hands of the money changers in the temple. Here's a thought- how about trademarking "local" & "farmers market" the way corporations do?

Alex McGregor
Walden Farm

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>