market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] The Sunday Times: Farmers’ markets sell ‘supermarket’ foods

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] The Sunday Times: Farmers’ markets sell ‘supermarket’ foods
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 15:00:30 +0000

And worse, I think, is that too many just don't care. It's "called" a
farmers market, so I can feel virtuous shopping there. Don't confuse me with
"producer only" vs "resale". We have spent 8 years trying to get the word
out, with no support from local government, and still, in a fairly small
town, 'most' customers just don't "get it". But, we just have to keep trying.
We police ourselves, and would prefer that, at least for now.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm

Sent from my iPad