market-farming - [Market-farming] The Sunday Times: Farmers’ markets sell ‘supermarket’ foods

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Thamnophis <thamnophis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] The Sunday Times: Farmers’ markets sell ‘supermarket’ foods
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 23:04:00 -0600

I predict that if these shenanigans persist we will see fully
regulated farmers markets in the near future. The story linked below
is from England, but reflects the situation here.

We need to self-regulate to reduce the need for gov't regulation. If
we don't self regulate - and by that I mean create clear rules and
enforce them - we have no one but ourselves to blame when regulation
creeps in.

The last section of the article is funny, the "Farm bluffer’s guide"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1626774.ece

Joe
Boone County, IA
5a