market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] CNG etc, and market rules

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] CNG etc, and market rules
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 21:33:56 -0400

Sorry, I should have said stictly CNG at a minimum. Certified organic would certainly get you in. The board of directors have not addressed certified bio yet. We don't allow anything to be sold that was not produced by the vendor, on his/her farm. No selling your neighbors blueberries. "Know Your Farmer Know Your Food!
Farmers can have assistants but the food must be represented by the person who grew or raised it. This has proven to be a really important part for our PR. Sustainably grown is an absolute. It's not in the bylaws but I would vote to reject someone who uses roundup at their mailbox post.
Todd

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net> wrote:

On May 31, 2010, at 2:55 PM, Todd Lister wrote:

> our farmers market, whiich is strictly CNG

Would they refuse "certified organic" and/or "certified biodynamic" if
not also CNG certified? Some farms might wind up having to pay for
(and fill out forms for) double or even triple certification.

(This is sheer curiosity; I'm certainly not in their area. The markets
I go to here require everything be locally grown / made, and at least
80% by the vendor; but don't require that produce be organic, CNG, or
anything else similar.)