market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Credit card terminals at market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Credit card terminals at market
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 08:39:16 -0400

Richard, Am I understanding you to say the EBT transaction device allows you to run regular CCs?
Todd Lister

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Richard Moyer <ramoyer AT gmail.com> wrote:
Lloyd,
Don't know if this helps, but it's how we enable card transactions for
all vendors:
Our market (http://www.abingdonfarmersmarket.net/) uses the EBT
system, which allows customers to purchase wooden tokens with their
cards.  Hence every vendor at the market gets the benefit, at a
fraction of the cost (and time?) of multiple vendors buying/doing
their own setup.

As for increased sales, it varies week to week, but the tokens can be up to 20%.

Contact our market manager at the site above for more details.
Richard Moyer
Castlewood, SW VA