market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Credit card terminals at market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Credit card terminals at market
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 14:55:21 -0400

Everyone faces a different marketplace demographic. I do not wish to sound snooty but it seems to me that education to some degree plays into the realization and acceptance that the food chain in this country is severely damaged. The corporate approach to raising food has all but destroyed the quality of fresh produce, meats and dairy. Add the environmental degradation these large scale national distributions cause and you have American grocery store food.
We live 30 miles from a flagship University town and our farmers market, whiich is strictly CNG is jammin each Saturday with 1500+
 people who for the most part won't shop in a chain grocery if they can help it. Even USDA from across the country or Chile or wherever comes with a lot of baggage.
CNG is a badge we proundly display on our food.
I have been contacted many times by people who found me on the CNG web site.
Local, sustainably grown or raised means a lot to an increasing number of people, regardless of education. For me a big part is environmental.
Todd Lister
Veribest Farm
Vesta GA