market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Naming the gardens...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Naming the gardens...
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 07:17:10 -0400

We kept the name that was here, Limerock Orchards but added 'and Roadside Market.'  The name came from all the limestone in the soil.

We figured the name made sense, was/is well-known around here, had two small signs already painted, could be passed along to the hopefully next owner/farmer, and added the roadside market part to more fully describe our tiny operation.  (Fruit stand just didn't cut it.)

Biggest problem is folks still think it is 'Limerick' somehow after our 12 years and the previous owner's 20 years.

Tom
Limerock Orchards