market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fun thoughts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fun thoughts
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 01:04:16 GMT

Hmmm, since this a wish list, I'd go with a John Deere tractor, with a cab.
AC/power steering, CD player, front end loader, you know, the works. One of
those John Deere plows, where you just flip the switch and it rotates on it's
own. A do-all for final field prep. An Allis G for cultivating. A Monosem
for planting. Any kind of transplanter would beat the heck out of crawling on
hands and knees, though I liked the mechanical transplanter when we used one.
A mulch layer, and then someone or something to pick up the mulch at the end
of the season. A walk in cooler is essential in this business, as is a
greenhouse. A fully automated one. A well trained, loyal work crew, who would
apparently enjoy working for free since I'll never make enough for any of
this stuff! The perfect vegetables, great taste, disease resistant, and weeds
that simply won't grow in this fantasy land I'm creating for myself here!
Carla

Easy-to-use, advanced features, flexible phone systems. Click here for more
info.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3ohtZn1fCz3NYGWKOHzG7N3scNfqqHcNeQibiF9laOE68uIk/