market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Blackberry and Raspberry Questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Michelle Johnson" <lmfarm AT svtv.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Blackberry and Raspberry Questions
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:06:42 -0500

Did they mention how they control weed growth within the raspberry canes?  We moved our raspberries to our orchard to run in rows between our fruit trees, and no matter how much I weed and mulch, the grass roots continue to be a problem.  I don’t want to use landscape fabric that might inhibit new cane growth.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Michelle