market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tomato storage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tomato storage
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:39:14 GMT

We don't have a perfect system by any means. We pick, not at the breaker
stage, but a little more mature than that. We wash them, which really helps
to remove the field heat, and then store in our house. As they reach full
maturity, we move them to our walk in cooler. I taste, taste, taste, and
cooling them hasn't affected the flavor. We still have some loss, but it's
the best we can do right now. I don't really like having boxes of tomatoes
stacked all over my living room either...
Carla
Perkins, OK

Love Music? Get a degree in Musical Education. Click Here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3oLWs0sGZXV0oJdN75TkBYbviYpwkmfRossv9aU8HBe9bIao/