market-farming - [Market-farming] Backpack sprayers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Backpack sprayers
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:29:27 -0700

Subject:  Re: [Market-farming] Backpack sprayers
Date:  Thu 03/27/2008 11:38 AM

I found a Birchmeier sprayer on Gempler's website (for comparisons, go to Gempler's
backpack sprayers and find their comparison chart.
No, I am not a Gempler's salesman! The Birchmeiers are $265-275, compared to ~$90-120 for a
Solo. Is there somewhere else that we can look, where the price
difference is not so great? My understanding is that piston pump
sprayers are not conducive to use with wettable powders. But, it would
seem to me that if the piston is external, it may not be affected by
particle wear, although I don't know that for sure. Can anyone confirm
or dispute that? Does anyone else have comments re the virtues of
piston pump units vs. diaphragm units? Any other features to be
considered?

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522