market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Backpack sprayers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Backpack sprayers
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 07:18:50 -0700

Solo backpaks are great sprayers. When they first came on the market they sold for $125 ..today  $75. I have one just for herbicides
and another for insecticides. I mostly use them in the greenhouse. The biggest problem is avoiding getting the pump handle stuck
in the hanging basket hangers and knocking pots off benches when trying to turn around. They are a long way from the metal
Hudson sprayers I used in the 70's with their rusted tanks and leaky O rings... I have a gas mist blower from Stihl that is a pain
to use, always have fuel system troubles... BTW I got a Solo for my girlfriend along with a hazmat suit for her birthday last year
she loves it almost as much as a diamond ring. This year she's getting a 15 gallon ATV sprayer,... won't she be surprised.... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.