market-farming - [Market-farming] well storage tank?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: no one <xkarmafarmerx AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] well storage tank?
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 11:42:51 -0700 (PDT)

The farm I'm managing hit a 10gpm well, and we're looking to drill another to at least double our water.  The well driller we're working with is set on the idea that we'd need a huge storage tank, with 2 wells pumping into the tank, and another bigger pump pumping into our irrigation.  I was wondering if anyone has any experience with such a set-up, and if it has any advantages, drawbacks, etc.  I was thinking we'd just use both wells hooked together with lay-flat, or use them completely seperately in different fields.  Our entire irrigation system this year is drip and wobblers (tiny low pressure over-head), so pressure isn't a huge consideration.  In the future we'd like to use solid set irrigation, but we could also drill more wells.  Thanks in advance for any information..
John DiZazzo
Roundabout Farm /
Compassionate Roots
Keswick, VA