market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] well storage tank?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] well storage tank?
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 09:20:02 -0500

Another factor is depth. If it's 100' or so, a surface mounted jetpump may do the job for you. A large, tall tank may be a good idea. You can be slowly filled it up, using one or more small pumps, while not irrigating. Once the tall tank is full, it will produce significant pressure and the need for additional irrigation pumping power can be reduced or possibly eliminated, especially on drip. I have a 6000 gal.. tank that's 30' tall. You'd be surprised how much pressure it puts out by itself.

I'd like to know what you decide to do and how it works.

TxBeeFarmer
West Texas Zone 7b